Nokia Siemens Networks

Dream
Pay 4

The written round consisted of verbal, non-verbal, logical reasoning type of questions. The technical part contained all MCQ’s related to OS, DBMS, C/C++, DS, etc. they were quite easy. There were no aptitude questions. So, I could answer every question within the specified time limit. Cutoff was high and there was sectional cutoff. I got shortlisted. This was followed by a technical round which lasted for about 45 min. I was posed questions related to C/C++, pointers, OS basics, System Software, Software Engineering, Data Structures. All the questions were very basic and could be answered easily if we had gone through all subjects once the day before the interview. I got into the next round. The detailed explanation is as follows.

HR - Tell me about yourself

Me – I’m Pradeep Kumar DS from Chintamani, a small town in Kolar district. I did my schooling there only in Kishora Vidya Bhavana. I used to be the topper of the class. I’d got a good score in 10th. I’d good interest in Maths and Science. So, I took Science as my subject in PUC. I did my PU in Venkatadri Independent PU College in the same place. My aim was to get a good rank in CET. I dint have any idea about CET and its preparation. I had my mentors in the college who gave me information about this and I started my preparation right from beginning in the first year itself. I used to sleep just for 4-5 hours and finally could make it!!! I got 745 as my engineering rank !!! I chose Computer science branch. I’m keeping up my performance consistent along with some concern towards activities other than academics.

HR – Which is your favorite subject?

Me – Well, to be frank there is no such favorite subject or favorite semester for me. I‘ve a good hold on each and every subject. I might not have scored very well in each and every subject but I’ve maintained consistency in every subject and I’m flexible to learn and work in any field.
(Note: This question is asked to test which field you are interested in and if that readily matches their requirement, they are satisfied with your answer)

HR – How far is your place from Mysore?

Me – I don’t know the exact distance. It takes 5 to 6 hours from here. So, it may be around 180 kms.

HR – How often do you go home?

Me – I don’t go often to my home. I go once in a semester.

HR – Why? Don’t you have attachment with your family?

Me – yes, I do have a very good attachment towards my family. That’s why I cant go there and stay just for a day. If I wish to go, I’l go for atleast a week.
(Note: All these questions are posed to test whether you are flexible to work away from your home. So, friends prepare well for similar HR questions. Don’t stammer. Don’t bluff. Be frank. You can hide any of your negative things but never lie.)

HR – Hmmm!!! You have a good performance in 10th, PU, BE also. You look too studious. Will you always be studying?

Me – No, not actually. I was a bit studious in PU. When I enetered BE, I learnt many things apart from academics.

HR – So, why is your score very less in 3rd semester?

Me – I’ve performed to a good extent in 3rd sem and expected good marks. But score came in a much unexpected way. Well, to be frank I don’t believe in VTU evaluation.

HR – Do you hate VTU?

Me – No. I just can’t put for revaluation in each and every subject. So, I decided then onwards to maintain my aggregate above 70% which is almost every company’s requirement. Apart from that I tried to gain knowledge in subjects not restricting myself to the syllabus copy but going beyond it. I have a good thirst for knowledge.

HR – What are your other activities?

Me – I’m an active member of CSI and all events in the campus. CSI refers to Computer Society of India. I participate in all sort of technical and management events conducted in college fests. First year I hadn’t much idea about all the events. So, I volunteered the events in order to gain information about the events. From second year I volunteered and participated as well. Apart from this I read inspirational books and self help literature during my free time as a part of my personality development.

HR – What are your future plans or what is your idea about higher studies?

Me – I wish to work for my company. And if my company sends me for higher education I will definitely pursue my higher education. I just can’t go on study for 2 more years. I wish to gain some practical exposure. I want to know what’s going on in the company. I’ve a very small picture about it and I want to get the big picture of what you people do there in the industry.

HR – Tell me about your other activities.

Me – I read books preferably inspirational and few technical books. Apart from that I actively volunteer and even participate in technical fests in the college. Example CSI, IEEE, etc. In the first year, I was not aware about the events in these fests. So, I just volunteered the events in order to know about the events and in further years I participated in almost all events.

HR – Which companies have you written till now? Have you got into any?

Me – I have written a few companies. In fact I’ve a list in mind. I’m writing only those companies.

HR – Good, mention the list.

Me - This contains good product companies like IBM, HP Procurve, Motorola, etc.

(Note:He asked me to explain each and every company profile which I answered very well. For this you need to visit the web pages of the companies)

HR – Why should I offer you the job?

Me – Because I’m the person who believes in values.

HR – What are those values?

Me – Hardwork, perseverance, long term commitment, simplicity have become my values in the long run. You can just observe my performance graph. I was good in academics at school level and I choose Science as my subject in PU. I started preparing well before a year for the KCET-2005. I worked hard with long term commitment which opened the future opportunity i.e, a great college SJCE and a great branch CS. Now I wish to do the same in my company. My future opportunities will open up in the same way. I’m of course not a lazy one and in fact I have a good thirst for knowledge. I can give out the best with what I have.

HR – Well Mr. Pradeep I’ve gone through my questions. Do you have any questions?

(Note: Ask at least 3 or 4 questions. Get ready to ask the next question while the interviewer is answering your previous question. I asked about recession, job security and job profile)

At the end of the day I was in.

2 comments:

  1. u made me to recall the days which i spent in pesit for my first job.good work dsp even i attended around 25 companies the experience is same.it is really helpful for the juniors....

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanku santhosh... do pass the link..

    ReplyDelete